I’m done with summer, I just don’t want to be hot anymore! The heat is off, (hopefully) and trees, shrubs and plants are preparing to rest for the winter.
Trees, shrubs and perennials needs are simple now:
- Sunshine to store for spring food
- Hydration, fresh long drinks of water, until the earth is frozen solid
- Organic fertilizer to absorb and ready them for spring growth as soon as they wake up
Even after the foliage falls, their roots are still growing for about 6 weeks and their job is to store all these nutrients for Spring.
The advantages to using Organic fertilizer are many:
- Slow and steady release of nutrients
- Improve the soil structure over time
- Increase water holding capacity
My thoughts are keep it simple, real, alive, and organic.
I prefer ‘Espoma’ brand organics, safe for your plants, the earth, and simple to use.
All the while you are enjoying that cozy sweatshirt, your trees, shrubs and perennials will be preparing for a beautiful spring. Give them what they need now.
Alas, fertilizer is not like chocolate, where more is not better! Please read your product directions and follow them
331 Rte 101
Bedford, NH 03031