Fiddle-Leaf Ficus Fig starting at
The fiddle-leaf fig (Ficus lyrata) is a great indoor focal plant. The plant features very large, heavily veined, violin-shaped leaves that grow upright on a tall plant which can reach up to 6 feet.
- Light: F. lyrata requires bright, filtered light. These plants can even tolerate some full sun, especially if placed in an eastern-facing window. Plants that are kept too dark will fail to grow rapidly.
- Water: Keep steadily moist, but don't allow it to sit in water or it will drop leaves and suffer from root rot.
- Temperature: As a tropical plant, your fiddle-leaf fig likes it warm, between 60 and 80 F, and doesn't like extreme temperature variations. Position it away from air conditioning and heating vents.
- Soil: Any good, fast-draining potting soil will likely do.
- Fertilizer: Feed with a weak liquid fertilizer throughout the growing season. F. lyrata don't have remarkable fertilizer requirements.
6" pot: $24.99
10" pot: $69
10" pot standard tree form: $84.99